Deloitte Forensic professionals are a diverse group with a wide and varied range of proficiencies, comprising forensic accountants, legal and law enforcement specialists, and business intelligence experts, all utilizing state-of-the-art forensic technology.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
What You Will Do
- Investigates transactional data and relevant financial documents to flag indictors of potential corruption.
- Prepares analyses to enhance understanding of both financial and non-financial results to identify threats and opportunities.
- Evaluates existing compliance programs for regulatory gaps and suspicious activity.
- Assisting in performing remediation of client files.
- Responsible for obtaining all KYC documentation from clients and for conducting initial full due diligence.
- Conducting sanctions and PEP screening for potential sanctions violations and the identification of potential PEPs.
- Performing periodic screening of clients, beneficial owners, and connected parties prior to the completion of an onboarding.
- Performing enhanced due diligence on clients assessed as posing higher money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions risks prior to establishing a business relationship.
- Escalating any suspicious AML, CFT and Sanctions activity and transactions to the MLCO for further action.
- Assisting in clearing transactions alerts that have been flagged in the system.
- Investigating customer transactions as part of periodic and event-driven customer KYC reviews, using a variety of tools including internal systems, internet searches, proprietary and third party databases.
- Investigating non-obvious false positives, true positive hits, and escalating for further review and approval.
- Review sanctions alerts generated by the client systems to determine whether they are false positive or a true positive.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Commerce, Internal Audit, Forensic or Legal.
- Experience in transaction monitoring for anti-money laundering (“AML”)/Countering The Financing of Terrorism (“CFT”) purposes.
- Experience with compliance systems such as OFAC, UNSCR etc.
- Prior experience monitoring and analyzing customer accounts for suspicious activity required.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of International Sanctions regimes.
- Be able to use your investigative and interpersonal skills to resolve cases.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of AML laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of financial crime risk policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge Know your Client (“KYC”) and customer due diligence (“CDD”) requirements.
- Able to identify the ultimate beneficial owner (“UBO”) in line with the client’s policy.
- Able to interpret KYC and CDD policies in order to identify the requirements for the client to be successfully onboarded.
- Able to read and interpret company registration documentation and resolution to determine mandates and relevant individuals that need to be identified and verified.
- Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Business Management, etc.).
- May require knowledge in a specific technology related to role.
- Legal or Forensic Accountancy or CA or CIA qualification preferred.
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Desire to develop self.
- Client delivery focus.
- Focus on quality.
- Problem solving ability.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Able to work independently and efficiently within a team environment.
- Be inquisitive and have the ability to identify anomalies.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment: must work well under pressure.
- Works well within a team and with client management.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:12th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm