This is a sales role within our Fixed Income & Currencies business which brings together a top-ranked institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise across Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit and Emerging Markets.
In this role you will be part of a team that builds long-term sustainable relationships with key government and corporate clients, combining market-leading trading and structuring with a world-class sales force, to provide clients with access to flow and customized financial solutions across a wide range of cash and derivative products, markets, and regions.
What You Will Do
- Assisting with day-to-day servicing of clients for loans, FX, money market and interest rates products.
- Pricing and booking of flow and derivatives transactions.
- Liaising with internal operational teams to ensure KYC and settlements are in order.
- Consumption and distribution of research and preparation of marketing materials for clients.
- An understanding and interest of the financial regulatory framework.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree with a financial focus and knowledge of accounting is a prerequisite.
- Must already have the RE5 FSCA exam for representatives by the start date.
- CFA or honors in Economics or Business Management advantageous.
- Ideal candidate is someone who recently completed their tertiary studies and has work experience of at least 12 months up to 2 years in a client facing role.
- Knowledge of the South African large corporate landscape advantageous.
- Diligent and committed.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Personally organized.
- Team orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal).
- Assertive, but not abrasive.
- Some negotiating skills.
We Are Looking For A Candidate With The Following Credentials:
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Bright mind with excellent academic record.
- Passionate about finance and must have attention to detail.
- Academic focus on Business or The Natural Sciences, Particularly Business Administration, Economics, Business
- Mathematics or Industrial Engineering.
- Completed an internship, or has part-time experience in a field related to banking or the capital markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluent in English.
- Resilience and dedication to keep up with the pace.
- Work well in a team and inspire others with creative ideas.
- Conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Economics, Engineering,...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:13th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm