We are currently accepting applications for Design Management / Designer Interns to provide support for project teams in various aspects of the design process.
You will assist Design Managers in the area of design management and design coordination of DFS Gallerias or airport stores across both new developments and renovations and gain practical experience and skill development by working directly with Project Managers and Designers throughout all phases of the design process.
This is a paid internship opportunity ranging from 6 to 12 months.
What You Will Do
- Assists with space planning, selection/layout/utilization of furnishings and equipment, interior design specifications, and construction documents. Researches and selects colors/finish/materials and performs material calculations.
- Drawings – Gain proficiency in drawings including executing floor plans, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, and schedules. Gain proficiency in detail drawing knowledge of millwork, material patterns, etc. to communicate any intricacies of the design, and in the use of notes, keys, and schedules to clarify concepts.
- Assist with the creation of budget, quantity matrices, punch lists, and other project related documents and tracking methods of implementation.
- Performs routine checking and / or verification tasks.
- Supports presentations through assistance with aids such as finish/concept boards, renderings, or PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintains resource materials library.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a full-time accredited Architecture or Interior Design program or equivalent.
- Proficient in using major drafting & 3D modeling software including AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Google SketchUp, Rhino, Revit, Photoshop and Sketch Up is a plus.
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Fluency in Cantonese and English required. Ability in Mandarin and another language in the local region preferred.
- Enthusiasm, a highly motivated self-starter and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Internships
Architecture, Design and User Experience
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:16th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm