Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
The Trainee will support the Global e-Commerce Customer Programs team in providing analytics in supporting the DHL Express Focus Global e-Commerce agenda.
Specifically, the areas of support will include the following areas:
- Framing various analytics dashboards to prepare country readiness for new project deployment.
- Day-to-day Customer Peak forecasting analysis.
- COVID-19 / atypical operational constraints related analysis for Customer/network requests as needed.
- Continuous First mile, last mile or Customs – e-Commerce Customer Experience related deep dive trend and resolution analysis.
- Customer specific reporting and regular communications as needed.
What You Will Do
Trainee to be involved in:
- Peak and/or COVID-19 forecasting activity preparation with network, investigations as needed.
- First mile dashboard (Global Returns Program and Retail).
- Returns project analysis as needed.
- Support e-Commerce Programs Director with network communications and tracking first mile retail dropoff network improvements.
- Returns new launch extended hyper care and reporting, network OPS/CS/retail Q&A.
- Non-serviceable area deliveries – Improvement initiatives.
- TP>FD conversion monitoring progress across ground operations in selected markets.
- Regular on-time performance global reports.
- Network updates new regulations and service impact.
- Centralized transit time and on time performance proactive deep dives, root cause analyses.
Develop Functional Data Visualizations / Dashboards:
- Analysis - Analyses written and numerical/statistical information accurately. Considers all relevant information before drawing conclusions. Assesses feasibility, identifies patterns and trends in data. Makes rational decisions and recommendations. Always find ways to simplify.
- Planning & Organizing - Attend to all Customer requirements/requests at the right time, sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and use efficient work methods and tools.
- Decision Making - Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty and consults actively as necessary without making any assumptions. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
- Maximizing Individual Performance - Give clear directions and ensures all details are provided by stakeholders in time to execute on deliverables. Enforces quality standards and agreed upon commitments.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
- Ability to Influence - Persuades others to own point of view based on analytics. Defends position assertively. Wins co-operation from others.
- Communication - Communicates clear and concise written summaries of analysis provided. Strong ability to quickly isolate and articulate areas of improvement and opportunity. Establishes information by asking, clarifying and probing. Listens attentively. Always find ways to simplify.
- Commitment to Excel - Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
- Dive Deep - Stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
- Drive and Resilience - Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm. Shows a high level of commitment to objectives and results. Is resilient, recovers quickly from setbacks. Maintains performance under pressure.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You have completed a Degree in Logistics, Economics, Technology/User Experience design, E-Commerce, Data Analytics or a related field etc.
- You have some background and passion around e-Commerce logistics.
- Customer Experience Obsession - Start with the customer and work backwards. Whilst maintaining balance vs DHL Express landscape and Strategic Focus priorities.
- Digitalization exposure – training/knowledge/projects would be helpful.
- Agile project methodologies.
- Medium or Large-scale project or program planning, preparation and set-up and execution.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand requirements and propose solutions.
Technical skillsets in the following would be beneficial:
- Expert in SQL, MS Access; MS Excel macros & VBA in order to produce automated report.
- Proficient with Data Visualization tools (Tableau / Power BI).
- Ability to work with big data, data analytics (data cleansing and preparations).
The position is under the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. For the SGUnited Traineeships Programme, the successful candidate has to graduate in 2019/2020.
Duration of Traineeship - 9 months.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics, Design and...
- Closing Date:26th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm