Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a HR Graduate (Internal Communications). The main purpose of this role will be to contribute to the development of internal communication for Dis-Chem employees. Support the delivery of creative communication concepts and organizational culture projects to drive engagement.
What You Will Do
- Support the delivery of internal communication plans and ensure timeous delivery of all assigned projects.
- Assist with copy writing such as developing and designing content for internal communication i.e., Employee Newsletter,
- HR Communication.
- Provide input into stakeholder requirements such as company announcements, meeting presentations, multimedia, key messages, talking points for distribution.
- Conduct research to deliver key messaging to effectively drive positive engagement to the project.
- Propose and conceptualize creative ideas to ensure company messaging is forward-looking and innovative.
- Assist with creating content and coordinating activities with the internal graphics department.
- Contribute to the identification and maintenance of all communication platforms.
- Ensure quality assurance and approval of all communication material prior to delivery.
- Assist with the maintenance of all Internal Communications templates and information.
- Adhere to the timelines outlined for all standard monthly initiatives i.e. Health Days, Religious & Observance Days.
- Assist the IC and Culture team to conceptualize, plan and roll-out projects and events.
- Assist with the implementation of tactics to increase engagement with stakeholders through various communication platforms.
- Participate and attend company events to compile content for internal distribution.
- Assist with communicating and the embedment of the Dis-Chem Culture within the organization.
- Support with the delivery of employee wellness initiatives and projects.
- Foster a positive working relationship with all Internal communications stakeholders.
- Work closely with various stakeholders to ensure understanding of objectives and contribute to key projects with the IC and Culture departments.
- Timeously drive the submission of and review of all briefs from and to the internal graphics department.
- Maintain consistent communication with key stakeholders (internal & external) and work closely with the Project team.
- Assist with the consolidation and submission of OD reports.
- Collaborate with the OD team to ensure all administrative requirements are adhered to and safe keeping of all proof documents and track changes.
- Participate in various OD projects when required to execute HR deliverables.
- Assist with driving changes to recruitment platforms upon request.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate qualification in Communications and/or equivalent.
- 0 - 1 Year Internal Communications experience.
- Grade 12/Matric Certificate.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation.
- Find solutions to potential issues as well as knowing when to escalate the problem and what level to escalate it to.
- Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables. Interact with people effectively.
- Able and willing to share and receive information.
- Recognizes the need for procedures and follows relevant procedures.
- Good time management.
- Honest and reliable.
- MS-Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen.
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of vaccination certificate required).
- MIE, clear criminal and credit.
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Communications, Human Resources
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:13th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm