Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Midrand has exciting opportunities for Logistics graduates to join the group for a 12 months internship programme. The graduates will assist in achieving operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centre incorporating functions in the following areas: Dispatch, Inventory, Mezzanine, Inbound and Outbound.
What You Will Do
- Ensure optimal route and space planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Ensure routing of vehicles to ensure optimum utilization and vehicle turnaround times.
- Ensure accurate administration for transactional excellence.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of all stock coming in and leaving the department.
- Maintain stock rotation on an inventory based on FEFO (first entry, First out) principle.
- Optimize planning and forecasting of department resources to meet the daily strategic objective defined by the number of orders in the system.
- Conduct picking, replenishment and procurement.
- Assist with Outbound department planning.
- Ensure accurate receiving of stock within the warehouse.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport Management or any related field.
- Grade 12/Matric.
- Demonstrate a thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Transport and Logistics and related distribution processes.
- English - Read, write and speak.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Self-starter, diligent and accurate.
- Attentive to detail.
- Be deadline orientated.
- Good time management skills.
- 2nd Additional language.
- Knowledge of relevant EWM SAP warehouse management computer package.
- South African citizen.
- MIE, clear criminal and credit record.
- Valid Driver’s license and/or reliable transport.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Logistics and Supply Chain, Management, Transport
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:19th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm