We're looking for talented and driven creative technologists to help design and build the next generation of premium immersive stories. Virtual reality, augmented reality, real-time cinema, theme park entertainment and narrative based experiences - our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling as it’s never been done before!
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB. ILMxLAB - The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences.
- Contribute to the creation of new interactive entertainment paradigms in VR and AR.
- Conspire with creative & tech team on the build and scripting of levels for amazing real-time experiences.
- Execution of design / feature documentation, creative briefs, wireframes, flows & UI proposals.
- Manage & track design-related deliverables.
- Follow design reference and interpret / optimize for experience.
- Collaborate in development of breakdowns, task lists, and estimates with leads as necessary; participate in project stand-ups, meetings, and reviews.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in entertainment design, game design, interaction design, new media design, related field or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 yrs professional experience & demonstrable facility in the process & design of interactive experiences understanding of flow, pace, engagement, structure, environment, storytelling, replay, etc.
- Experience working with game engines, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, systems, and implementing work into the pipeline.
- Experienced designing interactions and interfaces for hardware and software.
- Understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, optimization, testing, etc.
- Understanding, appreciation (& identification) of design patterns related to design of user-centered interactive experiences & UI.
- Expert with standard design communication tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio / OmniGraffle, or traditional pen & paper.
- Skilled with level design & media prototyping tools: Unity, Unreal, or 3D software of choice.
- Knowledge of both visual scripting suites and text scripting languages.
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm design ideas and clearly communicate design intent & process.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
California (United States),...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm