An Information Design Intern to be responsible for a variety of visual representations of strategies, process, plans, and data from inception through production. You will design presentations, reports, and exhibits that are adaptable for a variety of different audiences and mediums in order to clearly communicate Walt Disney Parks and Resorts planning. This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Imagineering - Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
What You Will Do
- Design, create, and execute compelling presentations, reports, exhibits, and assisting visuals.
- Identify relevant assets and information to assemble presentation materials.
- Perform research and reconciliation to provide reference materials.
- Collaborate with other team members of varying backgrounds.
- Contribute to the culture and community of the Studio.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within the past 6 months, from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Graphic Design, Visual Communications.
- Experience in a graphic design or architecture role in a professional environment.
- Experience with Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comfortable with data and/or information design.
- Strong visual design background with experience in both print and digital mediums.
- Ability to distill complex information, including technical details, into engaging messages accessible to a wide audience.
- Experience with typographic layouts and an eye for typography.
- Demonstrated mastery of Illustrator and InDesign.
- Diligent and effective worker with the ability to go above and beyond to consistently deliver extremely high quality materials on short timeframes.
- Strategic & creative thinker.
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Design and User Experience
Glendale (United States),...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm