The Production Data and Analytics team is responsible for developing a strategy and vision for cross-functional and complex data analysis projects. This team aggregates data across multiple CG-animated productions and transform it into meaningful insights that inform decision making at both the operational and executive levels.
The analyst will play a vital role in building the next generation of statistical models, metrics, and visualizations for our studio. They will be working with large, complex data sets in order to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems. This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Studios - For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
What You Will Do
- Formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve key business problems.
- Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, simulation, data analytics, optimization techniques, and data visualization.
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative natures (e.g. Statistics,
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences).
- Machine Learning highly preferred.
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++).
- Experience with statistical software (R, SAS, etc.).
- Experience pulling data from data sets and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Comfortable in a creative environment.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with executives.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
California (United States),...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm