Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
What You Will Do
- Ability to leverage brand design guidelines to formulate product design concepts.
- Knowledge of user centric design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to technology products.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, project management, brand strategists, and hardware developers.
- Ability to translate design intent to manufacturable parts and color/material/finish specifications.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Our design projects fall into the following 3 general disciplines of design. Our expectation is not that candidates have deep experience in all three but has a sensitivity to design holistically while having expertise in one or more design disciplines.
- Graphic Design - (visual identity systems, print and video/digital content communications).
- Industrial Design - (packaging, product design, cinema design, facilities design).
- Experience Design - (Dolby Theatre, retail environments, interactive digital and event design).
- Recent grads who are within 6 months of graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have strong information visualization skills, prototyping/mock-ups skills, and likewise be comfortable working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Comfort with generating graphic representations that express brand narratives and our messaging is key. These graphic illustrations could be utilized in presentations, web design, interaction design, & experiential design.
- Successful applicants should demonstrate an ability to work across a range of areas including - prototyping; product interaction; and physical design. Prototyping and production skills are essential, as well as a passion for design and a point of view about your work.
- Strong and flexible skills in industrial design.
- Strong skills in product ideation and conceptual development.
- Experience designing with tools such as Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, and Adobe Suite.
- Hands on prototyping and model making.
- Create designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity.
- Knowledgeable in DFM/DFA best practices.
- Support the creation of design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes.
- Job type:Internships
Design and User Experience, Industrial Design
California (United States...
- Closing Date:3rd Sep 2019, 6:00 pm