Data is our compass. We let data, hard facts, and numbers drive our strategy, our product development, and our way forward. Here’s how we work: Our Data Strategy team collects and integrates our own proprietary data and third-party licensed content – we process and integrate millions of articles a day from more than 33,000 news and business sources from nearly 200 countries in 26 languages, while also providing equity exchange data from 49 countries and over 80,000 listed instruments. During this ten-week internship, you will work on a variety of projects and tasks assigned by and under the direction of managers in the Data Strategy organization.
What You Will Do
- Projects to help ensure the smooth passage and timely delivery of content from providers ranging from The Wall Street Journal to social media sources.
- Research related to customized reports and newsletters from online news content and publicly available records.
- Content enrichment projects related to a variety of automated and rules-based systems used to categorize Dow Jones content.
- Testing the accuracy and completeness of Dow Jones data related to companies, executives, and financial markets.
- Compiling reports for Dow Jones Due Diligence on companies and individuals to identify legal, regulatory, and reputational issues.
- Building and enhancing content for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance in areas including anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, and economic sanctions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent research and editorial skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in political and international affairs.
- Enjoys working with news and information, without necessarily the desire to write the news
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- In addition to English, other languages are a plus
- Are a reliable and responsible team member, open to different views and opinions and appreciate team diversity.
- Ability to apply automation skills such as basic Python, HTML and/or SQL to manage solutions and data efficiently is an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics
- Closing Date:15th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm