Dow is offering great business career opportunities in a global and international environment. We are looking for an ambitious Students (m/f) who are interested in doing an internship to support our businesses.
Candidates will participate in, (and/or lead) projects in one of the following areas:
- Supply Chain & Logistics.
- Corporate Affairs.
- Human Resources.
What You Will Do
Allocation to projects will be based on candidate’s interests, background and experience. Internship remuneration is market based, and dependent on qualifications.
Candidates that meet the required criteria can apply for internships in the following areas:
- Supply Chain improvement projects.
- Logistics analytics and reporting.
- Supporting the corporate affairs team in roles relating to community relations, employee engagement, government relations and corporate grant-making strategies.
- Geographic growth strategy initiatives.
- Geopolitical Risk Analysis & Integrated Waste Management.
- Public Policy Landscape Assessment for Plastic Bans.
- Assessment of New Waste Streams of Informal Waste Sector.
- Investment in Waste Management Technology.
- Supporting the Human Resources team in projects and tasks relating to enhancing the Employee Experience and the implementation of HR Next Generation in our organization.
- Demonstrate and develop their skills in project management, professional communications and other specific skills related to their selected role.
- Get coaching and mentoring from experienced colleagues.
- Explore and gain an understanding of a variety of Dow businesses, industries, markets, customers, and of the sales and marketing functions at Dow.
- Get exposure to experienced commercial professionals.
- Get experience of work in a global environment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Business Administration and Management/Project Management Engineering/Supply Chain /Environmental Science/Economics/Human Resources/ Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- Bachelor’s qualification is preferred but less experienced candidates may be considered too, based on their talents and competencies.
- Professional level of computer literacy is required.
- Proficiency in English is an essential prerequisite.
- Project management, critical thinking, research and analytical skills and ability to quickly grasp new concepts.
- Good communication skills (face to face and virtual, verbal and written) are needed, and will be further developed during the internship; the ability to operate in a diverse environment, and as part of virtual/remote teams, is essential.
- Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, self-directed while staying focused on the objective, fast learner, independent contributors with a strong willingness and ability to cooperate and share, creative problem solvers with a clear orientation towards results and actual implementation/realization.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Communications, Economics,...
Johannesburg (South Africa),...
- Closing Date:6th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm