The current internship position form part of the Integrated Supply Chain Department and is aligned across all businesses within Dow. During the  months of the internship, candidates may participate to (and/or lead their own) projects in the areas of International Trade Operations, International Trade Compliance, and Local Logistics Operations by:
- Facilitating all imports and exports to and from South Africa, which includes sea freight (LCL and FCL), air freight, and bulk marine.
- Involvement in all International Trade Compliance activities for South Africa, which includes, but not limited to, all customs interactions, duty saving projects, HS tariff classifications, applications and approvals for import and export permits, interactions with various government agencies.
- Engagement on operational and strategic tasks with the freight forwarder and other logistics service providers.
- Interns will also be offered the possibility, under the guidance of experienced members of the Logistics team, to participate to, and take the ownership of, relevant parts of larger projects for various Dow Businesses over the whole EMEAI region.
What You Will Do
- Demonstrate and develop their skills in supply chain, international trade operations, international trade compliance, six sigma project activities, networking, KPI reporting, supply chain vendor management, reporting and presentations.
- Get Coaching and Mentoring from experienced colleagues.
- Explore and gain understanding of, a variety of Dow businesses, industries, markets, customers, and of the sales and marketing functions at Dow.
- Get exposure to experienced sales and marketing professionals.
- Get experience of work in a global environment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed University Degree or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain.
- Proficiency in English is an essential prerequisite.
- Good communication skills (face to face and virtual, verbal and written) are needed, and will be further developed during the internship.
- The ability to operate in a diverse environment, and as part of virtual/remote teams, is essential.
- Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, self-directed while staying focused on the objective.
- Fast learners.
- Independent contributors with a strong taste and ability to cooperate and share.
- Creative problem solvers with a clear orientation towards results and actual implementation/realization.
- Job Type:Internships
Logistics and Supply Chain
- Position Type:Full time
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:22nd August 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.