The Dow Chemical Company has a very challenging One Year Internship Assignment (Minimum of 3 full days per week) for a talented current Master’s Student to join our Public Affairs & Government Affairs (PA/GA) Department located in Istanbul, Turkey. Public Affairs & Government Affairs professionals at Dow play a key role in managing and enhancing the corporate reputation and opening up dialogue for change by interacting with stakeholders such as customers, employees, government officials, policy makers, retirees and communities worldwide.
What You Will Do
- Helps position and promote Dow products and services to key customers and markets through trade media relations, advertising, literature production, direct mail, trade shows, customer communications and events, and digital and social media.
- Provides communications counsel to the company’s top executives as well as leads Dow’s communications with employees, the news media, advocacy groups and the general public.
- Works to build and strengthen relationships with employees, retirees, communities, advocacy groups, trade associations, governmental organizations and other stakeholders in their respective communities.
- Offers expertise in essential areas of the public and international policy process, including development, process expertise, and relationships.
- Helps Dow professionals go beyond business meetings and phone calls to provide an atmosphere that allows them to build relationships with strategic customers and team members. Customers and employees are the keys to Dow's success, but building effective, long-term relationships that fuel innovation takes time and effort. The intern will report to the PA&GA Leader in Turkey and will work closely with the PA&GA team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- The applicant should be a university Student (currently enrolled in Master's program) - departments of Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, Public Affairs and
- English Language and Literature are preferred.
- The candidate must be enrolled in university during the whole internship period.
- The applicant should be ready to commit to minimum three full days between Monday-Friday for a period of 1 year.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong learning agility.
- Job Type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Administration, Economics
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:22nd August 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.