DOW has internship opportunities during the summer of 2021 within its Information Systems organization for individuals who are within one or two years of graduation and are currently enrolled in a university working towards a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related technical field. The internships will be located in one of the global IT centers - At Dow's global headquarters in Midland, MI, nearby in Saginaw, MI or in Chicago, IL. The duration of these internships is typically 12 weeks.
Interns will be involved in projects that are critical to moving forward DOW’s IT Strategy and digitally transforming the organization. They will support critical business and technical needs for Dow business, research, and manufacturing functions around the world in a variety of process & technology areas including but not limited to artificial intelligence/machine learning, analytics, SAP, mobile application development, cloud architectures and contemporary security solutions.
The incumbent may work together with support personnel from the United States; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Mumbai, India; and Shanghai, China, as well as, clients from any other Dow global location.
Candidates must have a strong interest in the application of information technology to meet rapidly changing business needs. They must have good judgment, good problem solving skills, and the ability to work with diverse, global teams in an empowered environment. Strong human relations skills, teamwork, and flexibility are essential for success.
What You Will Do
- Systems Solutions - Planning, designing, creating and implementing enterprise-wide or business specific technology and solutions. Managing change, delivering corporate-wide technology upgrades, minimizing risks, and enhancing employee productivity through increased familiarity with the capabilities we provide.
- Information Security - Preserving the integrity of Dow information and containing problems before they have an impact. Safeguarding ideas, protecting our data, network and equipment from intrusions before they begin.
- Service Management and Business I/S - Ensuring all Dow employees have the technology tools they need to be productive.
- Listening to our stakeholders – Employees, suppliers and customers – And using that information to propel Dow forward.
- Operations - Ensuring that everything from the Dow network to the Dow intranet is stable and working smoothly.
- IT Technology Architecture - Researching and designing the information technology platform to enhance productivity at Dow. Testing the theories, enhancing the concepts, and exploring future information technology opportunities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be within one or two years of graduation and currently enrolled in a university working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related technical field. Prefer degrees in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or Computer Engineering.
- A minimum 2.700+ cumulative GPA on a 4.000 scale at your current university is required, but we are seeking GPAs of 3.000 or higher.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
Michigan (United States...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm