The Process Engineer supports project teams, plant personnel, improvement personnel and other technical teams at St. Charles Operations in the definition and implementation of business goals and objectives by bringing process engineering expertise to these teams. Within project teams the individual is responsible for the timely and qualitative delivery of Process Engineering Deliverables according to Dow’s project methodology. The process engineer is proficient in the application of chemical engineering skills and independently applies this knowledge in practical application.
What You Will Do
- Ensure that the Process Engineering Work Process Discipline and Global Project Methodology are followed to provide Process Engineering Deliverables for projects. Support improvement teams in the definition, evaluation and implementation of improvement projects according to the respective business objectives and goals.
- Provide value adding technical solutions and/or implementation of most effective technology to project teams according to the units / team’s objectives and goals.
- Develop and enhance key process engineering competencies, such as steady state modeling, dynamic modeling, specific unit operations designs (e.g., Heat Exchange, Distillation), fluid dynamics calculations and others.
- Participate in the Process Engineering mentoring program to improve quality of services and reduce variability of deliverables.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
- A degree discipline in Chemical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Previous production experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and oral in English) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing priorities and timelines simultaneously.
- Experience working in a team oriented environment.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Engineering Chemical Processing
United States (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2018, 6:00 pm