To make our machines intelligent we need a broad range of electronics skills, from analogue and digital circuit design to power systems and motors. Whatever your specialism you’ll be creating the hardware that makes our machines smart and reliable.
What You Will Do
Whether you join us for an Industrial Attachment placement or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a project team from day one. Depending on your skills and experiences you could be contributing toward end to end Hardware development from circuit design, simulation and verification testing to providing support to suppliers during Mass Production manufacturing.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Electronic circuit design across a range of regimes, from mains-powered high voltage products to complex high-speed digital logic systems.
- Testing and analysis of electronics at circuit and product level for new designs.
- Testing and assessing the reliability and robustness of our designs.
- Solving electronics challenges to create better, faster, more cost-effective solutions for Dyson’s unique products.
Whatever you’re doing the work will be challenging, varied and you’ll be in the thick of things. You’ll be interacting with teams across Research, Design & Development (RDD) including product developers ensuring our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship. And if you excel, there could be an offer of a graduate position at the end.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. And it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be studying towards an electrical/electronic engineering (or related) degree.
- Hold a strong academic record.
- Have completed at least one year of university-level study.
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2019, 6:00 pm