Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to develop our advanced Dyson Hyperdimium Motors technology. Manufactured in-house, at an automated production facility, these motors are used exclusively in our market-leading products to give us a key advantage in the global market.
By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass production.
What You Will Do
You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get-go. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality and reliable Dyson Hyperdimium Motor that meets all performance and functional criteria.
- Work with global RDD teams (simulation/electronic/mechanical/automation engineers) for realization of new Dyson Hyperdimium Motor technology research into the final production design, ensuring product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of solutions/ideas to assigned engineering problems –present solutions/ideas and concepts to senior management, for example through design reviews presentation.
- Take an active role to ensure that assigned engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust solutions in agreed timeframe, such as but not limited to Tolerance Stack Analysis, Process Capability (Cpk), DFMEA, Design for Automation, Minitab, etc.
- Perform hands-on approach in motor build prototyping and using basic measurement equipment, including ability to design required jig and fixture setup, and Proof of Principle machine evaluation and buy-off.
- Deliver and maintain design documentation such as drawings, Bill of Material, limit test reports timely.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal team.
- Initiate and or review Engineering Change, making 3D/2D & BOM changes/creation with strong justification; liaise with Manufacturing & Production to ensure smooth implementation.
- Liaise with our In-house Manufacturing Team for engineering evaluations or special builds in support of productivity/quality improvement projects or cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honor’s or above and be studying towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Design / Aeronautical / Materia l/ Chemical Engineering.
- Graduating in August/September 2022.
- Sound understanding of basic physical & mechanical principles, manufacturing, & research & development through analysis, prototyping and testing.
- Demonstrate understanding & experience in GD&T application and interpretation, tolerance stack creation and analysis, and precision measurement systems/methods.
- Sound understanding in fundamentals of mechanics and mechatronics, various manufacturing processes and technologies particularly in molding, casting, machining, adhesive, etc.
- Team player & self-starter, good at communicating at all levels.
- A well-rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills. Aptitude in hands-on prototype lab work, including but not limited to test, assembly & measurement jig design.
- Strong trouble-shooter demonstrates a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills.
- Comfortable to work and collaborate with different teams across different geographical locations with different time zones.
- Candidate with hands on experience and knowledge of precision measurement will be an advantage.
- Experience in working in a low-mix high-volume industry, with strong knowledge of statistical tools and analysis is a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics), with other tools such as PLM and Minitab are an advantage.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Closing Date:11th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm