Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. Join us as a graduate and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project influencing the evolution of Dyson technology.
What You Will Do
As a Mechanical Engineering Graduate you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get go. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production.
- Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements.
- Conceptualising, developing and detailing ideas for future mechanical parts.
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterisation and validation.
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. As well as a line manager and buddy to help you along the way, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
Required Skills and Abilities
Our graduate roles are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2019, 6:00 pm