Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. Human Resources, our People Team, is plugged into the nervous system of Dyson – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Rewards. HR generalists link these all together; overseeing every people-related decision. As a graduate, you can support all of this, with unique insight into Dyson's commercial objectives.
What you will do
Over the course of this two year programme, you’ll be taking on responsibility from day one in a Graduate HR Advisor role working with HR Business. Providing support and administration on all aspects of HR, you will be responding to queries directly and influencing managers to follow a best practice approach wherever possible with some of the following responsibilities:
- Deliver expert and customer focused operational HR support, providing advice and guidance to resolve day-to-day queries covering: HR policies, processes, procedures and practices.
- Coach, train and challenge managers on their approach to people issues, advising how to maximise employee performance, capability and contribution.
- Own the delivery of key people processes such as absence, maternity, paternity, flexible working, probation etc.
- Encouraging managers to complete regular 1:1’s, bi-annual reviews and personal development discussions.
- Operate as HR lead in the performance management of individuals and other employee relations situations (e.g. performance improvement plans, capability problems, disciplinary scenarios, grievances).
- Support HRBPs in the planning and implementation of organisation changes, HR projects and initiatives that support the Dyson People strategy/local plans (e.g. graduate recruitment, talent identification and management, management capability development, personal development/career planning).
- Review data and produce reports for key employee metrics (e.g. turnover, headcount, absence), identifying, investigating and flagging possible implications of issues/trends that show up.
Alongside this you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to help you drive your Dyson career.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be expected to contribute from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in.
You'll be a graduate, or expecting to graduate in 2019, but your degree discipline can be in any subject area. We'll want to see an understanding of the role of an HR function and your motivation for a career in this area.
Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing papers. You'll be expected to present ideas and take part in discussions with experienced stakeholders right from the start so you'll be articulate, quick to build credibility with a professional approach.
You'll also need to be able to work equally well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Partnering with the business you'll be skilled at building relationships, making networks, collaborating as required.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:29th Mar 2019, 6:00 pm