Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson robotics.
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance.
Dyson’s Robotics Team focuses on enabling technologies: processing, sensors, actuators and energy. Proof of concept using state of the art techniques and integrating all aspects of robotics to create complex and capable robotic products. Dyson offers the exciting opportunity for aspiring mechanical / mechatronics engineers to join our expanding Robotics Research team.
What you will do
- Design sensing solutions and attachments for robot systems
- Design and prototyping of physical components (using CAD + Dyson proto shop)
- Design of Experiments to benchmark system performance
- System integration and testing (Software/Hardware)
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Robotics or related discipline/specialization
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks
- Have completed at least three years of university-level study
- Be passionate in hardware design and prototyping
- Familiar with 3D Modelling tools like Solidworks, Siemens NX
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:15th Mar 2020, 6:00 pm