Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
As more consumers engage with Dyson, be it via more types of products, and/or across more markets, the volumes of data greatly increase. As such, the understanding, insights and usage of the data will be key to Dyson's success.
We are looking for suitable candidates graduating in June/December 2022 for a 5-month internship from Aug to Dec 2021 to join our Global Supply Chain team.
What You Will Do
To support Dyson’s growing data needs across the Supply Chain Department, the intern will be responsible to assist in data visualization projects and will be assigned to live projects putting your skill set into practice from the get-go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights by managing communications with stakeholders and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve.
- Design and build dashboards and self-service tools in Tableau for internal teams and client facing solutions.
- Conduct data analysis projects using Python or R and common open-source tools for data processing.
- Lead our work engaging internal stakeholders to realize the value of leveraging their data.
- Extract data from 3rd party services such as SalesForce, SAP, Aftership, Kinaxis, etc.
- Develop ETL jobs and tests to process, validate, transport, collate, aggregate, and distribute data.
- Conduct trainings on data concepts and specific tools.
- Be part of a team championing a data-informed culture.
Working with the team and interacting across business stakeholders, you’ll need to be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions.
Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be studying towards Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management or any related discipline.
- Able to commit full-time for 20 weeks from August to December.
- Graduating in June/December 2022.
- Exposure to Network Design, Supply Chain Analysis or Country Analysis in your past internship experience or through your university coursework projects preferred.
- Familiarity with SQL, Python and R would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate your ability to solve problems with an analytical and logical approach.
- Be able to thrive in Dyson's fast-paced environment.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Closing Date:1st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm