Please register your interest in a 2022 graduate role with Dyson by applying to the role. Your interest in the role will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which includes digital assessments and interviews.
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore.
Join us as a Design Engineering Graduate and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
Design Engineering - Haircare Category:
The Haircare team has been the driving force behind our success with innovative hair care products such as Supersonic & Airwrap. The Graduate Design Engineers and Interns do sketch, CAD, prototyping, testing, failing and refining to deliver design solutions to the high standards of product development Dyson is known for, working on ideas that will transform markets.
What You Will Do
As a Graduate Design Engineer, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your university knowledge from the get-go. Working as part of a larger project team in the Haircare category, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production.
- Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and detailing ideas for future mechanical parts.
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterization and validation.
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your career.
Required Skills and Abilities
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper-class Honour’s or above and be studying in Mechanical, Aerospace, Design Engineering, Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Graduating in August/September 2022.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your internship, university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem-solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our future plans.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Mechanical,...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm