Please register your interest in a 2022 graduate role with Dyson by applying to the role. Your interest in the role will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which includes digital assessments and interviews.
Dyson technology wouldn’t be possible without our Dyson Digital Motors – they’re at the heart of all our machines. We’re constantly researching, investing and pushing boundaries to create ever-smaller, more powerful motors.
Being part of the team working on the Dyson Digital Motor, this role will focus on the analysis and final production design of power electronic drives, motors and control systems to ensure seamless integration into destination products.
Based in Dyson’s Singapore Advanced Manufacturing facility @West Park Bizcentral, you will the opportunity to work alongside technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to challenge convention, develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass manufacture.
What You Will Do
You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get-go. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
- Developing mechanical parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production.
- Developing and validating mechanical designs that meet specification requirements.
- Conceptualizing, developing and detailing ideas for future mechanical parts.
- Designing experiments and necessary rigs/fixtures for component and system characterization and validation.
Required Skills and Abilities
Delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honour’s or above and be studying towards a Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Graduating in August/September 2022.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals in topic areas such as structural dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics or mechatronics.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Mechanical,...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2021, 6:00 pm