At Dyson we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
We are currently seeking a Graduate Software Developer to join the Product Development Data & Analytics (PDDA) team in our world class Research Design and Development department.
Our PDDA team is responsible for global reporting and the analysis of projects during the product development lifecycle. The team plays a vital role in supporting internally developed applications that support our engineering teams worldwide.
Join us as a graduate and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
What You Will Do
Will be working with the PDDA team to ensure that the system needs of the business stakeholders are met. The team is responsible for managing a number of applications that capture and share key information with a large group of engineering teams.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Learning about our current application stack and making suggestions based on your own knowledge and insights.
- Resolving technical issues and bugs.
- Continuous improvement of the applications, as defined by the business.
- Defining and upholding best practices and standards.
- Helping to define test criteria for changes to the user interface.
- Assisting in the creation of training materials, guides, videos and communications.
Alongside your technical skills, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. With a combination of hands-on experience and dedicated training, we will offer you the chance to develop your skills and experience.
You’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
Required Skills and Abilities
Our graduate roles are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honours or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Graduating in 2021.
- Technical knowledge of Angular, ASP.NET Core, T-SQL and Python.
- Able to provide evidence of your skills, for example via Glitch or CodePen.
- Eager to explore cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- A quick learner and an effective communicator – to be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Systems
- Closing Date:1st May 2021, 6:00 pm