Please indicate your interest in a 2022 graduate role with Dyson. Your interest in the role will reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
At Dyson we do things differently and we do it together. We look for the brightest new graduates with the right attitude to thrive in our unique culture. We offer real jobs with real salaries and real prospects. We need self-starters, people who are motivated to drive themselves forward. You can’t sit back and wait to be told what to do. You will have freedom to excel and will be pushed forward to become our future leaders.
Join us as a graduate and you’ll be supporting the evolution of Dyson’s connected products. Since we launched our first connected product in 2014, our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
Dyson offers the opportunity for aspiring graduate software engineers to join one of the following teams:
The Intelligent Machines team is responsible for developing robotics behavior software including robotics algorithm development and software implementation for the targeted hardware for our products and ecosystem.
The Embedded Software team is responsible for the software development for Dyson’s products including its connectivity, embedded software, state machines, user interface and bootloaders.
The Cloud team is involved in delivering world-class, cost-effective Dyson Connected cloud solutions to enable seamless connected experience to Dyson consumers and allow Dyson to learn how to make products even better.
The App team is responsible for the development of the Dyson Link mobile application. The team develops the app for both iOS and Android, and the app enables customer to activate, schedule and monitor Dyson’s connected machines such as air purifiers, lighting products and robots.
The Software Test team focuses on software integration and feature testing of subsystems developed by the development software teams. The team is responsible for the software testing of all Dyson’s products, as well as working on the automation of such tests to ensure that it can be performed quickly and easily.
What You Will Do
Whatever your specialism, you’ll be playing a key role in making our machines smart and reliable. As a Graduate Software Engineer you could be working across a number of our teams and depending on your area of expertise, your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains.
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer product.
- Algorithm selection, optimization, and calibration.
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviors with key stakeholders.
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture.
- Creating & managing requirements / specifications.
- Verifying & validating solutions against requirements.
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
In addition, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career. The work will be challenging and varied but you’ll be getting stuck in from day one, helping to influence the future of Dyson technology.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honour’s or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Robotics, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Graduating in August/September 2022.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, C++/C, C#.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2021, 6:00 pm