Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. Human Resources, our People Team, is plugged into the nervous system of Dyson – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Rewards. HR generalists link these all together, overseeing every people-related decision. As an intern, you can support all of this, with unique insight into Dyson's commercial objectives.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for the summer internship from 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks).
What You Will Do
As an Intern at Dyson, you’ll be expected to contribute from day one, gaining valuable exposure to the Global HR function. You will have a valuable role to play, learning about the key HR processes, methodologies, relevant legislation, systems and the different roles within a HR function.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Provide support and administration on all aspects of HR – Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Rewards.
- Provide advice and guidance to resolve day-to-day queries covering HR policies, processes, procedures and practices.
- Support HRBPs in the research, planning and implementation of organization changes, HR projects and initiatives that support the Dyson People strategy.
- Compile and review data to provide insights for key employee metrics.
You will receive guidance and coaching during your internship with other development opportunities.
Required Skills and Abilities
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to:
- On track for 2nd upper class honor'H or above and your degree discipline can be in any subject area.
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August.
- Graduating in June/December 2022.
- Have a good understanding of the role of an HR function and your motivation for a career in this area.
- Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing papers.
- You'll be expected to present ideas and take part in discussions with experienced stakeholders right from the start, so you'll be articulate, quick to build credibility with a professional approach.
- You'll also need to be able to work equally well in a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm