Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson robotics.
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal - build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance.
Dyson’s Robotics Team focuses on enabling technologies: processing, sensors, actuators and energy. Proof of concept using state of the art techniques and integrating all aspects on robotics to create complex and capable robotic products.
Dyson offers the exciting opportunity for aspiring software and machine learning engineers to join our expanding Robotics Research team.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in August 2023 and who would be able to commit full-time for at least 20 weeks from Jan to May 2022.
What You Will Do
You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Depending on your skillset you could be working on real time systems programming, robot learning, cloud computing or fast prototyping in C/C++.
Whichever domain you join, you’ll be applying your university knowledge to make our machines smart and reliable. Depending on your area of expertise, your accountabilities may include:
- Implementing Robot learning algorithms from research papers.
- Robot learning system integration, testing and tuning.
- Utilizing cloud computing environments.
- Data preparation, data cleaning and data analysis.
- Design of Experiments to benchmark system performance.
- Algorithm selection, optimization, and implementation.
- Working with physical hardware to setup experiments.
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with people with a varying technical background to ensure our solutions are functional, reliable, secure and easy to use. So, as well as the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honour’s or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics, Information Systems or related discipline/specialization.
- Able to commit full-time for at least 20 weeks from January to May 2022.
- Graduating in August 2023.
- Familiar with programming languages like C++, Python.
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Information...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm