Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson connected machines.
Since we launched our first connected machine in 2014, our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
Dyson offers the opportunity for aspiring software engineers to join one of the following teams below for your internship:
The Intelligent Machines team is responsible for developing robotics behavior software including robotics algorithm development and software implementation for the targeted hardware for our products and ecosystem.
The Embedded Software team is responsible for the software development for Dyson’s products including its connectivity, embedded software, state machines, user interface and bootloaders.
The Cloud team is involved in delivering world-class, cost-effective Dyson Connected cloud solutions to enable seamless connected experience to Dyson consumers and allow Dyson to learn how to make products even better.
The App team is responsible for the development of the Dyson Link mobile application. The team develops the app for both iOS and Android, and the app enables customer to activate, schedule and monitor Dyson’s connected machines such as air purifiers, lighting products and robots.
The Software Test team focuses on software integration and feature testing of subsystems developed by the development software teams. The team is responsible for the software testing of all Dyson’s products, as well as working on the automation of such tests to ensure that it can be performed quickly and easily.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating by August 2023 and who would be able to commit full-time from Jan to May 2022 (minimum 20 weeks).
What You Will Do
You’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go. Depending on your skillset you could be working on real time embedded software, Mobile App development, debugging, cloud computing or fast prototyping in C/C++.
Whichever team you join, you’ll be applying your university knowledge to make our machines smart and reliable.
Depending on your area of expertise your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains.
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer product.
- Algorithm selection, optimization, and calibration.
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviors with key stakeholders.
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture.
- Creating & managing requirements / specifications.
- Verifying & validating solutions against requirements.
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use. So, as well as the technical know-how and passion to learn more, you’ll need to be inquisitive by nature, enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class Honour’s or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Robotics, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Able to commit full-time for at least 20 weeks from Jan to May 2022.
- Graduating in August 2023.
- Familiar with programming languages such as Python, C++, C, Java.
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Information...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm