We are searching for two News Interns to join our vibrant and dynamic team. The main purpose of this internship is to assist in the various areas of the news department, thereby learning the practical skills involved.
The internship will be for a period of 12 months. You should not be committed to other fields of study. The internship is designed to ensure that learning takes place in the various aspects and operations of a programming department The internship will be effective 01 July to 30th June 2022 and offers a monthly basic stipend.
What You Will Do
- Assist in various areas of the news department.
- Learn to write/ read news stories.
- Assist in the general operations of a newsroom.
- Assist journalists in the compilation of their stories on the various platforms (on-air, online, social media).
- Report from the field as well as work on the news desk.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma/Journalism or Media and Communications Degree.
- Minimal editing and multi-track mixing experience needed.
- Broad general knowledge and general computer literacy - (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Outlook).
- Code 08 Driver’s License.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Operating studio and field recording and production equipment.
- Current affairs/Social media awareness.
- Highly organize, deadline driven, with good time keeping skills.
- Team player, with the ability to work independently.
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Journalism, Media and Advertising
KwaZulu Natal (South...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm