Commencement dates: August / September 2022
Are you looking for a role where your work will be used in actual production, and have direct impact on trading?
Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specialising in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 110 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
As a Graduate Developer, you will receive a comprehensive 8-week training in our Hong Kong headquarters, where you will rotate through our various teams across Software Development, Quant, and IT Operations. As a Graduate Developer, you'll also receive ongoing on-the-job training with an experienced mentor. You will get to work at a leading options market maker in Asia and learn from an experienced team of software engineers working at the cutting edge of technology.
The Core team is responsible for the firm’s core exchange facing applications for market data distribution, order gateways, reference data and trade reconciliation, as well as connectivity to third party market data providers and execution platforms. Furthermore, the Core Team is part of the broader Low Latency team, which is also responsible for the firm’s automated trading and low latency exchange links, and future mobility opportunities are available for deserving candidates.
We are committed to building up and equipping today's graduates to become tomorrow's leaders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, develop and maintain efficient and reliable C++ code for core exchange facing applications
- Participate in code testing and reviews
- Provide Tier 3 application support
What you offer
- A final year student or recent graduate with a degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
- An understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
- An interest in Linux/Unix systems
- A passion for financial markets (prior knowledge and experience is NOT required)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
On top of having the opportunity to work with one of the leading options market makers in Asia, we also offer the following:
- Comprehensive 8 week training program in our HQ in Hong Kong, where you will rotate through our various teams across Software Development, Quant and IT Operations
- Ongoing on-the-job training with an experienced mentor
- A dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 3:59 pm