Graduate Trading Support Engineer | 2022 Intake
Commencement dates: August / September 2022
Are you looking for a role where you are closely working with different talents to secure the stability of our trading system?
Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specializing in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 110 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
As a Graduate Trading Support Engineer, you will receive a comprehensive 8-week training in our Hong Kong headquarters, you'll also receive ongoing on-the-job training with an experienced mentor. You will get to work at a leading options market maker in Asia and learn from an experienced team of talents working at the cutting edge of technology.
Eclipse Trading is embarking on a large-scale transformation of our trading platform. Trading Support team will play a key part in this evolution. The highly talented Trading System support team are responsible for providing technical support to business. You will be closely working our trading team. Duties include providing quick solutions to trading application issues, driving stability and improvements to help business to succeed. Maintaining the trading stack stability is a crucial part of Eclipse’ business and Trading system support team is the team to ensure all the support tools, monitoring and processes are properly in place.
We are committed to building up and equipping today's graduates to become tomorrow's leaders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor our cutting-edge technology stack and identify potential risk and problems that impact our trading activities
- Assist Support team members to mitigate Outages or Incidents to shorten the downtime
- Develop and fix automation scripts written in different languages
- Engage in valuable support team tooling projects
- Work closely with development and trading teams on troubleshooting complex production issues
What you offer
- A final year student or recent graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or other related disciplines with a strong emphasis on programming
- Experience in Python, Shell & Linux is preferable (but not essential)
- A passion for financial markets (detailed knowledge and experience is NOT required)
- Strong listening & integrated, analytical skills and the ability to understand and solve complex problems
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Energetic, enthusiastic and is able to take ownership
What we offer
On top of having the opportunity to work with one of the leading options market makers in Asia, we also offer the following:
- Comprehensive 8-week training program in our HQ in Hong Kong
- Ongoing on-the-job training with an experienced mentor
- A dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
Please note we will only accept one application in the same recruiting season, so we encourage you to only apply for the role you are particularly interested in.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:3rd Feb 2023, 9:53 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.