Technology Engineer supports product category management and identify gaps and highlight opportunities in product/Module design to maximize product range and category sales. He/she contributes and leads technical aspects in Technology , GP and Quality improvement/Cost out projects from receiving project MBB to the SOP.
The Technology Engineer is responsible for the module Developing of the Gas water heating systems , and introducing the new heating technologies into the water heaters platform , work with product development team ,PC, technical functions across plants , quality team ,and after sale service team to guarantee that product is fulfilling & comply with local & international performance/safety standards to achieve high quality performance/safety in benchmarking with competitors’ products. He/she will support in product design, the product function (components – systems), having strong academic background in heat transfer and calculating thermal loads. Efficiently contributing in the regular workshops/session for new ideas and technologies for the water heating platforms.
He/she should always up to date with the concerned product legislations and norms, updating the team with the impact of the new and current legislations for performance, safety & energy efficiency, and adapt products to comply with the environmental affairs standard (RoHS, REACH, and WEE) ,also adapt products to comply with Electrolux standards.
He/she will be responsible for the Gas Water heater technology lab and managing daily activities and lab capability management, support Labs equipment operations, upgrade and maintenance, and keeping eyes and following all safety requirements and precautions.
What You Will Do
- Work on the product Technology Road Map “TRM”, and leading associated technology projects to introduce new product/Module solutions that can improve the water heater platform.
- Design /aid in design water heaters combustion systems.
- Design /aid the designing of cooling or heating circuits.
- Prepare and report the thermal analysis calculations for the heating systems in concern.
- Define and implement new mechanical features and functionality design.
- Aid in Temperature distribution simulation.
- Study all Governmental Legislations and standards, to comply with the latest standard related to the product performance, safety,…etc.
- Periodic update of product technical specifications with respect to local and overseas standards.
- Support in Revising after-service reports and troubleshooting problems related to mechanical circuits and electrical components.
- Familiar with design tools using (CAD, PFMEA, DFMEA, tolerances analysis etc. ) to Develop 2D,3D.
- Support in DVT-MVT as per projects requirements.
- Support in preparing product file (BOM, Drawings, Specs, Test Specs on Team center DB,).
- Supply all technical input for product literature, labels, technical manuals, etc.
- Analysis of technical solutions with suppliers, Product structure, product care and other involved functions.
- Support the product care team in cost and quality improvement activities.
- Ensure bench marking of competitors’ products on technical / functional level & Cost Level.
- Require external communication with PL, Marketing, GSO, Supply chain, purchasing, and Suppliers.
- Apply statistical tools for analyzing inspection & testing related result.
- Responsible for the technology Lab Equipment upgrade annual plan.
- Responsible for technology Lab activities related to product technology verification & testing and bench marking.
- Responsible in technology Labs Equipment operation and initiate Labs preventive maintenance scheme.
- Establish & support developing test method for all conducted product testing at technology laboratory.
- Ensure the availability & validation and calibration of all testing equipment in laboratory and decide the equipment status and any need for testing equipment.
- Adhesion to health and safety work regulations.
- Coaching and training technicians under his/her supervision.
- Some travelling are required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Required experience (1-3) years (The fresh graduate is exceptional in case of talented personality & ranked in the top 10 graduated).
- Strong knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics ….. etc.
- CAD and Simulation capabilities across variable design platforms.( CATIA is a plus).
- Knowledge of Project management and Product life cycle.
- Base Knowledge of product costing.
- Lab software development capabilities (LabVIEW is preferred).
- Strong communication ability in English/ Arabic (both written and spoken).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders across functions.
- Talented personality and passionate with researches and new technologies/innovations.
- Both proactive and reactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions. You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You keep the teamwork and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:30th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm