Element has an opportunity for a Trainee Analyst. We will train you first on the preparation of samples and then on the analysis of a variety of compounds using a technique that could be either Ion Chromatography, ICP OES, GCFID or GCMS in accordance with company methods and adhering to all quality aspects that are required to be carried out in an accredited laboratory.
What You Will Do
- Preparation of samples and any other duties to support the laboratory.
- Preparing standards for calibration and quality purposes.
- Conducting analysis and reporting of results to company methods and procedures.
- Control of instrument and method validation.
- Ensuring all analytical procedures comply with accreditation quality standards.
- Ensuring adherence to good lab practice and housekeeping at all times.
- Instrument calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintenance of training records.
- Prioritizing workloads to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring a continual supply of lab consumables by monitoring stock levels and placing orders.
- Development and documentation of methods in conjunction with senior analytical staff.
- Following health and safety procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Higher education qualification in Chemistry or a Chemistry related subject.
- Experience within a commercial analytical laboratory would be advantageous.
- Alternative qualifications will be considered depending on relevant equivalent experience.
- A highly motivated and organized individual.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm