Responsible for creation and operating sequential graphics for display on the video wall during a live and pre-recorded productions.
What You Will Do
- Prepare the video wall graphics as per running order.
- Loading and testing the rundown.
- Ensuring that all the graphics elements are loaded and playout correctly.
- Ensuring all spelling for graphics are correct.
- Running on air tests when required.
- Checking all graphics before going to air.
- Create effects for video wall use.
- Route live feeds to the video wall.
- Control server playback to the video wall.
- Playout video wall elements as per running order.
- Completing graphics requests using provided templates on the Graphic Computers, as per the required standards.
- Operating graphics play-out computers during live and pre-recorded programs.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design.
- Good knowledge of sound and video signal.
- A working knowledge of the technical operations and functions of VizRt.
- Understanding of role players.
- Have understanding of broadcasting environment.
- Demonstrates craft and operational aptitude alongside great team-working whilst taking personal responsibility to get things done and content to air.
- Demonstrates awareness of the business and the pressures on each individual to be as cost-effective as possible.
- Demonstrable interest in programme output.
- Prepared to embrace a learning environment - Eager to seek out opportunities to expand knowledge of the role through both formal training and other experiences.
- Effective communicator - Interprets sympathetically the requirements of programme-makers and is able to tactfully suggest alternatives.
- Excellent team worker - Participates fully in contributing to the team’s decisions; flexible and proactive in taking on the roles required.
- Strives to provide the highest quality of work, both artistically and technically, whilst understanding and working within the limits imposed by available finance, resources and deadlines.
- Proactive and organized.
- Well organized (methodical) and disciplined.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure - Multi task.
- Able to take direction.
Able to work with crew and editorial staff.
- Able to work in a digital environment.
- Able to troubleshoot.
- Able to work in a live and pre-record environment.
- Able to execute cleanly on air in a high stress, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to quickly trouble shoot.
- Ability to work in and to demonstrate a flexible approach in a fast changing and sometimes pressurized environment, working to high standards and tight deadlines.
- Follow any instructions issued by the Head of Operations and or person delegated to do so. These may be standard or ad hoc instruction.
- Good Computer literacy and a good understanding of file structures.
- Strong typing, spelling and grammatical skills in the English language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Closed 24 days ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Design and User Experience
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm