Become more at Entelect, one of SA’s leading software engineering and solutions companies, voted the Best Company to work for. When you join Entelect, you’re not just joining a leading software development company, you become part of something bigger. You become part of a team of ambitious, confident, motivated and smart people, who will inspire you to go further, to do more than you thought possible.
You become part of a company that sees potential: potential in our clients, potential in our products and potential in you. Because we believe that if we give you everything you need to be successful, you will be. That you will become more and do great things.
As an Entelect Data Solutions Engineer, you’re always inquisitive. You have a thorough understanding of best practice business intelligence implementations. You have a passion for data and how it flows from source all the way through to actionable insights. You strive to continuously grow your technical skill-set as well as knowledge on what methodologies to appropriately apply to any environment.
You work with multiple business units and understand how they impact each other. With this knowledge you have the ability to provide a platform for business to pull the relevant levers to enable and affirm their strategic insights. You use your excellent communication skills and data analysis smarts to translate between business’s awesome ideas and making them a reality.
What We’ve Worked On Lately:
At Entelect, we’re working on more than 80 projects at any given time. Here are some to wet your appetite:
- Consolidation of over 50 data sources to provide a single view of a customer, stored within a best practice architected data warehouse.
- Implemented a cash handling optimization algorithm that resulted in the client saving millions on cash in transit and cash holding costs.
- Implemented a data lake to enable a single view of the customer as well as more effective analytics.
- Developed a real-time behavioral analytics environment and data workflow using Kafka, Storm, Spark, Phoenix and HBase on large volumes of data for spend analysis.
- Building loyalty platforms designed to drive consumer behavior and help improve the health and wellness of South Africans.
- Designing and developing high-performance web applications that enable multinational organizations to track risks, including fraud and white collar crime, across the globe, in real time.
- Developing software for a surgical skill simulation portal that measures surgical skill proficiency; enabling trainee surgeons to practice, track and measure their skills remotely.
- Imagining, designing and implementing an Android app for an agricultural company to help agronomists and sales agents share valuable data in real time; optimizing smart agriculture solutions in an industry that is highly susceptible to minor fluctuations in conditions.
- Helping one of South Africa’s largest vehicle fleet management companies accurately price project costs for hundreds of specialized vehicles, down to the cents per kilometer, to provide more competitive products to consumers.
- Developing reliable processes, visual dashboards and tracking tools to monitor the delivery of schoolbooks across South Africa.
- Learning and implementing complex tax and duty tracking tools that enable the world’s largest commodity traders to operate in multiple markets.
What You’ll Get From Us:
- Exposure to the best technologies and cool projects.
- Quarterly performance reviews, biannual reviews and performance-based salary increases, as well as an annual performance-based bonus to assist you in achieving your career goals.
- Exposure to Entelect’s in-house continuous development programmes, offering training on everything from leadership to deep technical skills, to empower you to become more.
- Exposure to the full SDLC process, including analysis, design and implementation.
- Participation in our “1Up” rewards programme, where you’ll receive rewards for doing cool things, like attending training events, social functions or just for doing a good job.
Technologies You Could Be Working With:
- SQL Server Database Engine. SSIS. SSAS. SSRS. PowerBI. QlikView. R. Python. Scala. Clustering. Regression. Classification. Neural Networks. Spark. Hadoop. Kafka. SQL. NoSQL.
Cloud Platforms Such As:
- Azure, AWS and GCE.
What You Will Do
Joining a company with more than 2 decades’ experience in bringing business ideas to life through the use of technology; a company known for hiring, continuously growing, and retaining the best people in the industry. Working with teams with a common goal: to solve complex business problems, to drive excellence and to make an impact, while pushing yourself and others to become more.
Using your combination of technical and data analytics expertise to improve existing or proposed business innovations.Providing insights to business owners to validate their ideas and guide them to make the most informed decisions possible with the most desirable outcome.
How You’ll Do This:
- By wrangling data from multiple sources into a single, constant data store.
- By being pragmatic in making the best technology choice for the client's needs through the form of evaluation matrices.
- By being prudent when it comes to data governance. Understanding that the data solution needs to balance back to source and sticking to the motto of “1 cent is a rounding difference, 2 cents is a problem”.
- By designing and implementing the best possible Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) or Extract, Load and Transform (ELT) mechanisms for each data source and consolidated data store.
- By ensuring data lineage and all meta data is maintained effectively.
- By flexing your story-telling muscle when assembling the presentation layer for business owners.
- By designing and developing the sexiest possible dashboards for business.
- By understanding the business, the market and the technology to design and implement the blueprint for innovation.
- By pushing the limits, asking the questions and challenging preconceived notions of what’s possible. Because, at Entelect, we believe everything is possible.
- By having access to everything you need to become the best at what you do: the facilities, resources and autonomy you need to become more.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in IT or Sciences.
- Previous experience in a data solutions related discipline.
- Strong ability to model and analyze data.
- Solid understanding of ETL methodologies.
- Good understanding of visualization best practices.
- Strong attention to detail but viewed from a ‘bigger picture’ perspective.
- A hunger to continually improve by constantly evolving and adapting your skills.
- A desire to embrace a challenge and be driven by excellence.
- The ability to collaborate and bring your unique contributions to a team environment.
- A passion to build strong relationships and a great career.
- A friendly outlook.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Information Technology, Science
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Aug 2020, 6:00 pm