Intern - Data and Analytics (DNA) Enablement, Datamart (Summer 2021)
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company—and Forbes has named us one of the Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in America. We fast-track our customers’ digital advantage—and you can fast-track your career by joining us!
At Equinix, we celebrate our differences and are proud of the inclusive, innovative culture at the heart of our success. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that’s at the heart of our core company values.
Interns are an important part of our global team—they solve real-world business challenges and make a difference. If you’re a forward-thinking, hard-working college student who loves to learn and wants to make a positive impact on the world while growing your career, come help us shape the digital world.
The Equinix Internship Program offers wide-ranging opportunities in Information Technology, Engineering, Human Resources, Finance, and more. Spend your time gaining practical work experience and learning from some of the sharpest minds in the industry. Work in a culture that thrives on innovation and delivering results while building solid relationships with industry leaders and fellow students from around the country.
- Customer Footprint enrichment automation – This project will cut the effort the Data Operations team performs on manual collection of location data, improving the accuracy and timeliness of the footprint metrics we use for analytics. IT will provide an automated process to acquire company physical locations using the existing Nucleus data mart's global target database. The DNA Data Operations team will incorporate this new method into the weekly customer enrichment process in curating and completing the data.
- Datamart ingestion of Hyperion Data set – This project will ingest and integrate into the foundational analytics data mart the Hyperion non-statistical KPIs Actuals, Profit and Loss Actuals from Oracle, and Hyperion Forecast and Budgets to support FP&A and DNA analytics needs such as Profitability analysis and Customer Lifetime Value.
What you will do
- Identify, assess, fix, document, and communicate potential data quality issues in how customer footprint data is collected, stored, processed/enriched, or used.
- Review and validate data sets loaded/migrated into the data mart for accuracy, including integrity data.
- Review and validate results with the DNA Data Operations team of the Master Customer Enrichment process for customer footprint data consistency and accuracy.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor (Hons.) Finance, Economics, Analytics, or Information Technology.
- Available full time from May-Aug 2021.
- Knowledge of basic statistics through education program
- 1+ year experience in a professional settings
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate skill set in MS Excel required, working knowledge of data visualization tools
- Knowledgeable and Proficient in SQL Databases (Oracle, MS SQL), SQL skills, Data profiling, applying Data Quality methodologies.
- Proficient in using Excel and Hands-on experience in using leading Data Visualization packages (e.g., SiSense, Tableau, Power BI) to produce engaging and useful insights.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Data Science and...
- Closing Date:10th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm