ERM’s Capital Projects Delivery practice focuses on supporting development of projects in power, infrastructure, chemicals and natural resources, through impact assessments and planning. Our goal is always the same: assisting our clients in achieving project success, from planning through construction and operation, while meeting expectations for assessment and management of impacts on environmental, social, health and sustainability. By helping clients bring these issues into the project planning process early, we seek to help our clients meet environmental/social performance objectives, enable savings in capital and operating costs, and avoid significant approval and other delays.
ERM combines experience with global standards, such as the Equator Principles and International Finance Corporation’s Performance Standards, with a thorough understanding of local regulatory systems and cultural sensitivities. We apply state-of-the-art assessment tools, from GIS to modeling and visualization techniques. We have also developed our own Impact Assessment Standard, which we use to maintain consistency and quality when other standards do not apply in a particular situation.
ERM’s Capital Projects Delivery practice has been ERM’s highest growth practice globally, growing over 20% per year for the past 5 years alone. The practice currently has over 1,000 professionals globally, representing the full range of technical disciplines, with sector experience across the board.
What ERM’s practice is perhaps best known for is supporting some of the most challenging development projects in the world. It is this reputation that attracts and retains the highly skilled consultants who comprise ERM’s Capital Projects Delivery team.
We are currently recruiting an Entry Level Consultant with an ambition to learn and get involved in a wide range of service areas, to have exposure across industries, and collaborate across borders to join our growing team in Singapore.
It is expected that the selected candidate will formally report to our Capital Projects Delivery team, but also work across our other growing teams - Liability Portfolio Management and Remediation, Merger & Acquisitions, Corporate Sustainability and Climate Change and Technical Safety.
What You Will Do
To support the successful delivery of ERM projects and objectives by:
- Providing completed tasks and inputs into elements of projects and or proposals.
- Building effective working relationships within project team, discipline and business unit and work collaboratively.
- Continue your consultancy and communication skills development.
- Understanding ERM’s practices, products and services.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- Demonstrate the drive and ambition to learn and grow across a wide range of service areas.
- Undertake field assignment if required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fresh graduate or experienced professional with 1 – 3 years working experience in relevant field.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Science/ Engineering Degree), with relevant educational or proven experience in Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability.
- For experienced professional, some working exposure in EIA/PCS related project and task management and project delivery preferably in a consulting environment.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Ability to undertake complex and interdisciplinary technical work.
- Appreciation of project management skills.
- Good communication skills including spoken and written in English, with attention to detail.
- Commitment to relationship building both with client and within the Company.
- High appreciation and understanding of Health & Safety standards.
- Have an understanding of Singapore regulatory context.
- Proven report writing skills.
- Conversant in Microsoft applications.
- Drafting/AutoCAD/GIS experience (desirable).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:3rd Jun 2021, 6:00 pm