ERM is seeking a hands-on environmental geologist/hydrogeologist to join our consulting firm in Cape Town, South Africa. In this role, you will conduct fieldwork according to work plans, Health and Safety Plans and Standard Operating Procedures for site investigation, monitoring and remediation projects at industrial sites throughout South Africa and Africa, as needed.
This is a great career opportunity for a fresh professional looking to support ERM’s Liability Portfolio Management and Remediation technical team as you build a rewarding career with a global environmental leader committed to a strong health & safety culture.
What You Will Do
- Conduct field work, including soil, sediment, ground water, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Perform field measurements and calculations.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Provide construction oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems. Record and compile field data. Perform assigned office duties, such as data entry, borehole logs, statistical analysis, graphical presentation of data, report writing, and field program cost estimating.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Ensure safety of oneself and one's team members during project operations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulators, tenants, clients and PM’s during field activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors in Geology, Hydrogeology, or related discipline - Honours or Masters preferred.
- Strong initiative (self-starter), problem-solving and communication skills, and attention to detail and QA/QC.
- Willingness/interest in field assignments and project related travel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Computer literacy, including proficient MS Office skills (modelling/GIS/BI software experience beneficial).
- Ability to succeed in a consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:27th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm