As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy and Transactions and Consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Want to feel challenged, motivated and valued every day? To inspire change and leave a legacy?
EY people are helping to shape the future. Here at EY organization, you'll build a legacy. You'll grow your skillset, and expand your mindset. You'll build relationships and feel rewarded for all that you do. Here EY people working together is just as important as the work they actually do together.
We have opportunities available for below service line and all penultimate year students in all disciplines are welcomed to apply.
EY Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. We provide peace of mind to clients by using the kills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services:
Within EY Assurance service line, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provide advisory services encompassing accounting and regulatory support on accounting change and special matters, accounting processes and controls support (remediation, long-term contract accounting and cost accounting), GAAP conversion and implementation, IPO and other public offering assistance, on call financial reporting advice, and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance (purchase price allocation).
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Perform research on key accounting topics, market and regulatory related matters to support the services in advisory project.
- Perform financial, cash flow and income statement diagnosis and analysis to highlight key impact arising from applying new accounting or regulatory requirements and provide insight and recommendations to help the client to reduce the impact.
- Prepare training material for facilitation of client training.
- Handling client’s enquiry and provide advice to resolve any issues the client’s encountered.
- Provide business process and control related advice associated with accounting and regulatory change.
- Work with other advisory teams in delivering finance and regulatory related aspect of finance transformation type of project.
- Discuss moderately complex accounting with the engagement team and client management. Analyze evidence, reach conclusions, interpret and apply standards, and identify non-compliance while applying a balanced view of all client matters.
- Provide technical support to the audit team in relation to complex accounting issues and regulatory reporting.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Penultimate year student pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in all disciplines.
- A good understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Chinese and English, fluent Mandarin is highly preferred.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary.
- Familiar with SFC and/or HKMA requirements are beneficial.
Early January – End of April 2022 - Exact internship period depends on specific service line requirement.
Working at EY Offers:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:3rd Dec 2021, 6:00 pm