As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy and Transactions and Consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Want to feel challenged, motivated and valued every day? To inspire change and leave a legacy?
EY people are helping to shape the future. Here at EY organization, you'll build a legacy. You'll grow your skillset, and expand your mindset. You'll build relationships and feel rewarded for all that you do. Here EY people working together is just as important as the work they actually do together.
We have opportunities available for below service line and all penultimate year students in all disciplines are welcomed to apply.
EY clients are faced with external pressures on an unprecedented scale. The ability to translate strategy into reality is key to their enhanced business performance. As a consulting professional, you will be focused on helping them achieve this goal.
EY’s Global Actuarial Services practice, with over 1,700 actuarial professionals, is one of the top 3 actuarial services practices in the world. Our deep global knowledge comes from our work with insurance companies, banks, pension funds, private equity firms, sovereign funds and local regulators to provide actuarial consulting services including:
- Capital and risk management (e.g., asset and liability management, Solvency II, enterprise risk management, hedging, risk-based capital, economic capital).
- Financial reporting (e.g.,IFRS 9 & 17, USGAAP, Statutory reporting, embedded values).
- Internal and external audits.
- Merger & acquisition.
- Actuarial and finance transformation.
- Actuarial modeling.
- Distribution and claim advisory.
- Regulatory advisory.
- Insurance data analytics & modeling.
EY Asia-Pacific Actuarial Services is one of the largest insurance services organizations in Asia. We provide actuarial and risk management services to clients throughout Asia from its team of actuarial and risk professionals located in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, India, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne and Japan.
This team is part of EY global insurance network and has close links with the EYpractices in North America and Europe. Being part of this team, you will be working with both local talents and global experts. We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills in actuarial and risk management.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Support the delivery of a large variety of actuarial and insurance advisory/consulting and assurance services to life insurance, general insurance and pension clients in the region, depending on their preference of track.
Examples of wide variety of projects include:
- Risk and capital management, including but not limited to the recent HK risk-based-capital framework development and implementation.
- Financial reporting, including but not limited to IFRS 9 & 17, USGAAP, local statutory bases.
- Actuarial process review and transformation.
- Insurance data analytics.
- Agency compensation review.
- Actuarial modelling, e.g., asset and liability management modeling, capital modeling.
- Product development advisory.
- Loss triangle and insurance liability review.
- Pension liability review.
Involved in client interaction and teamwork with other professionals inside and outside of the region during service delivery. Support development of project proposals or business plan for a new service offering.
Apply data analytics skillsets (data mining, machine learning, etc.) and industry knowledge to facilitate all types of insurance related projects (Marketing & Distribution, Underwriting, Customer Management, Actuarial, Claims, Operation, Finance and Investment).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Penultimate or final year student pursuing an undergraduate degree or above in actuarial and/or risk-related area.
- Good progress in actuarial professional examination.
- Good communication and presentation skill.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge in insurance financial reporting basis, e.g., IFRS, HK Insurance Ordinance, risk-based capital, is an advantage.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Mandarin is an advantage.
Early January – End of April 2022 - Exact internship period depends on specific service line requirement.
Working at EY Offers:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:3rd Dec 2021, 6:00 pm