An exciting opportunity to work in EY’s Business Tax Advisory group with a diverse team of highly successful tax specialists in EY’s Inventory and Section 263A practice. You will support companies in analyzing costs associated with the inventory lifecycle in a wide range of industries and sectors.
As an Inventory and Section 263A team member, you will also be part of an exciting, rapidly-growing, globally-focused team of India-based tax professionals who support a suite of similar tax services across a variety of English-speaking countries.
EY’s Inventory and Section 263A service offering provides a unique approach in analyzing the complex tax issues associated with the U.S. federal income tax treatment of inventory and related costs. The U.S. federal income tax rules generally provide significant optionality for inventory identification, valuation, and treatment of related costs. Our team has a comprehensive knowledge of the nuanced tax rules combined with a deep understanding of our clients’ operations to help clients make the most informed decisions for the tax treatment of inventories and other self-constructed assets.
The Inventory and Section 263A practice requires an understanding of the intersection of financial accounting and tax rules. Our work begins with understanding the treatment of inventory and other self-constructed assets for financial reporting purposes, and then layering on analysis and application of U.S. federal income tax rules. This practice provides an exciting opportunity for individuals with experience and interest in both managerial/internal accounting and tax.
As a member of the Inventory and Section 263A team, you will work closely with engagement teams in the United States on a variety of clients, including some of the largest global corporations.
In your role, you will assist with preparing complex tax calculations, reviewing and reconciling information provided by clients, analyzing information provided to determine the proper tax treatments, and communicating findings with U.S. engagement teams.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent project management skills that is organized and detail oriented.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in the intersection of managerial/internal accounting and tax. If you are a critical thinker with a strong willingness to learn, this position is for you.
What You Will Do
- Reconciling amounts in documentation provided by clients and identifying inconsistencies.
- Reviewing financial accounting policies provided by clients to identify treatment of certain costs for financial reporting purposes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Accounting, Tax, Business, and/or Law.
- A minimum of 0-2 years of relevant work experience in the field of accounting, tax, or business.
- Relevant work experience with managerial/internal/cost accounting or inventory-specific accounting is a strong plus.
- Excellent data analysis and manipulation skills (Microsoft Excel, Power Query or Alteryx).
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY - Building a better working world:
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Locations:Bengaluru (India)
- Closing Date:22nd Jan 2023, 6:00 pm