EY’s Advisory Practice has an exciting opportunity for highly motivated staff consultants to join our Risk Advisor Program (RAP). Staff professionals entering RAP enjoy opportunities to serve diverse clients across multiple practices and industries, while being provided learning, experiences and coaching to develop core consulting skills. The breadth and diversity of client experiences will vary based on the size of the local market.
We help clients evaluate, understand and address compliance, financial, operational, IT and strategic risk. We deliver world-class information technology advice as part of our broader risk and business improvement services by helping clients leverage technology to make IT more efficient and manage the security risks associated with running IT operations. As a part of the Risk team, you will help our clients improve their business through establishing and maintaining an effective risk and control environment.
What This Means For You:
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to team with a variety of clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in a rapidly growing practice. You will work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences during your first few years.
With each engagement, you can expect to build leadership, communication and client-management skills, as well as sharpen your problem-solving capabilities. Once you have developed a strong foundation, we will work with you to determine a more specific area of concentration for the next phase of your career journey. If you are interested in “building a better working world,” being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, EY Advisory Services is for you.
What You Will Do
- Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Demonstrating ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in Advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Improving clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology and business functions.
- Executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies.
- Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in: Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Internal Audit, Decision Science, Finance or Management. Degree requirements may vary by location.
- On track to meet requirements to sit for relevant certification exam(s) upon degree completion.
- Strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position.
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work or interest.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read, and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment.
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Computer Science,...
New York (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm