We currently have a career opportunity for a tax intern in our US VAT Practice, assisting in multiple, challenging tax engagements, and contributing to the delivery of such services to the marketplace. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
Develop an understanding of common principles of VAT and be able to effectively apply these to client situations. Deliver work products that meet or exceed client expectations. Identify and present VAT opportunities and risks as well as ancillary tax planning and other special services.
Thoroughly and accurately analyze information. Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions. Assist in developing recommendations and implementation plans and make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas of VAT.
What You Will Do
- Support client teams on an ongoing basis with the delivery of VAT advice under the supervision of managers, staff managers, and partners in client meetings and during conference calls.
- Prepare and draft written VAT advice.
- Research VAT legislation, the case law, and other VAT guidance to support (staff) managers and partners on client engagements.
- Participate in educational sessions on developments in international VAT legislation and case law.
- Translate your technical skills into practical solution-oriented advice creating benefits for our clients.
- Assist in developing recommendations and implementation plans.
- Participate in client service teams.
- Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read, and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment.
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Access and Visual
- Basic programming; experience with other technologies a plus (e.g., SQL, VB.net).
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Flexible and willing to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Economics
California (United States...
- Closing Date:13th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm