Are you looking for a new opportunity to work with the latest technology? If so, we offer a rare opportunity to work on global scale within one of the fastest growing cybersecurity teams in South Africa. This is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable experience in the cybersecurity space to kickstart your career. If you have passion for cutting edge technology and enthusiastic about teamwork, lean thinking and agile delivery, apply today!
Cyber threats, social media, massive data storage, privacy requirements and continuity of the business as usual require increased information security measures. As a cybersecurity associate, you will work with a team of experienced cybersecurity specialists to support our clients in their desire to protect their businesses and their data. You will need to be technically minded and be adept in documenting your work.
What You Will Do
- As a cybersecurity associate you will have exposure to cybersecurity assessments and you will be involved during the execution of the work and reporting. Your tasks will include:
- Working across a portfolio of cybersecurity engagements with our clients, reporting to a Team Leader or Manager responsible for the day to day completion for the delivery of the work.
- Complete work on time and ask questions where instructions/guidance is not clear.
- Actively provide feedback to Team Lead or Manager.
- Collaborate with colleagues and build working relationships based on communication and mutual accountability.
- Demonstrating a positive attitude by contributing energy and new ideas to team efforts and meetings.
- Participate and assist in preparing for meetings with target management teams.
- Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Complete and document assigned work in line with EY quality standards, achieve expected outcomes, and take responsibility for correcting any errors or omissions.
- Store completed work on required EY repositories and ensure that all relevant signoffs are in place.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed BCom/BSc degree in Information Systems or BSc Computer Science, Honours/Masters an advantage but not essential.
- Someone looking for hands on experience.
- Ability to think on your feet and work using your own initiative.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft packages.
- English - Read, write and speak well.
- A quick learner with motivation to learn more about new technologies combined with good listening skills and detail orientation.
- Good communication skills and able to work with different teams.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Problem Solving.
- Time management.
- Deadline driven.
- Highly motivated, driven, keen to learn with a ‘Can-do’ attitude. Confident personnel with the ability to contribute confidently to technical security discussions with peers and management.
- You will be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognize the value in working well with others and the value of teamwork.
- Someone who is excited about cybersecurity and want to advance a career in cybersecurity.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Systems
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm