Careers in Advisory - Helping organizations improve performance and manage risks. The current business climate combines challenge and uncertainty with escalating competition. Clients are increasingly asking for our advice on how to succeed in these conditions. We work with them to address their specific circumstances and to achieve sustainable improvement in their business performance. Advisory is our fastest-growing service line, an energetic, fast-paced environment with nearly 20,000 professionals around the world.
Because Advisory is a diverse and fluid business area you’ll be involved in a huge variety of work. This will involve delivering wide-ranging and constantly changing ideas to our clients across a broad spectrum of industries and locations. As a matter of course, your experiences will be wide and varied. You’ll quickly be given responsibility to deal with complex business problems – an excellent way to build the skills you’ll need for a long and fulfilling career.
What You Will Do
Within Advisory you can choose to work in one of three business areas. Each of these is split into a number of dedicated practices:
- In a world of continuous business challenges, our clients are faced with a constant need to generate long-term, sustainable growth. As part of our Performance Improvement team you will help provide independent, objective and high-value business advice to the world’s most successful companies.
- Our IT Advisory professionals work with commercial and public sector organizations. They provide independent advice on how clients’ IT operations can support their business strategy and its implementation. Working with them you’ll help to provide insights into organizational culture and help align a client’s technology with their people and processes.
- Working in Risk, you’ll be offering our clients more than protection. You’ll also be helping them make better and faster decisions, reduce costs, and improve performance. It’s a fast-moving area, as global risks change at a dramatic pace, so you’ll be helping clients continuously evaluate their risk management processes and identify the risks that matter.
- You might prefer to work in one of our Cross-Advisory teams. Here you’ll learn specific technical skills and work within our Performance Improvement, Risk and IT Risk & Assurance groups. These teams are - People and Organizational Change, Program Advisory, Strategic Direction.
- IT is a significant factor in driving business success. Working in ITRA you’ll help clients rationalize IT costs, manage their overall IT risk position and deliver value from IT. You’ll also have the challenge of working alongside clients to manage their IT risks in line with their business strategy, giving them the confidence that their organization’s key IT-related risks are identified, understood and managed effectively.
- Today, more than ever, organizations must plan carefully for growth and analyze their capital agenda and related transactions in the context of their overall business strategy. As part of our M&A team you’ll help identify the right transaction and capital strategy for clients.
- In this dynamic and complex market, you’ll help clients develop and execute real estate transactions by providing objective and responsive advice. You’ll offer a dedicated and committed service to assist clients in achieving the potential of their real estate assets, portfolios or companies.
- Working in this award-winning team, you’ll focus on Private Finance Initiative (PFI) and Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects. You’ll learn about key infrastructure sectors, from energy to transport – enabling you to provide highly valued independent advice.
- A transaction can be one of the most complex and risky business propositions our clients can undertake. You will help them achieve the best possible outcome, from initial strategic assessment to implementation and post-integration. Your aim will be to improve their negotiating position and accelerate a smooth transaction with minimal disruption.
- Join our market-leading Restructuring practice and you will help local and global clients change their organizations throughout the whole economic cycle. You’ll add to your technical knowledge with in-depth industry experience, building your understanding of the specific competitive challenges our clients face.
- Every transaction has tax implications. Working with a worldwide network of professional advisors you’ll combine diverse cross-border transaction experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industry sectors. This way you’ll help clients make informed decisions and navigate the tax implications of every transaction.
- In this business area you’ll help clients drive operational value from their capital strategy. You’ll learn how to develop the right plan for complex integrations, divestments and carve-outs – and how to implement it properly. You’ll play a key role in an integrated approach that focuses on our clients’ financial, tax and operational needs.
- As a transaction professional you will help clients evaluate and confirm their capital and growth strategies. You will work with clients in areas such as understanding the specific value proposition for complex business holdings and investments, and identifying non-core assets for divesting.
Required Skills and Abilities
For the Consulting Graduate Programme 2020 we require one of the following qualifications in our Advisory and TAS service lines:
- You will need a minimum of a BSc/B-Com honours degree with a 65% average and above in one of the following fields of study:
- Engineering (any field of engineering, preferably Electrical, Civil or Industrial).
- Software Development and Programming.
- Information Technology.
- Supply Chain.
- Internal Audit.
- Business Science (including finance as a subject).
- Data Science (including finance as a subject).
- Investment Management.
- Any other field of study relevant to the above.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm