As a member of the FSRM team, you'll contribute technical insight to FSRM client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships. You'll also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for Ernst & Young within existing engagements.
You'll anticipate and identify risks and raise any issues with experienced members of the team. In line with Ernst & Young's commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
What You Will Do
- Participate in FSRM engagements.
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating experienced team members on progress.
- Help prepare for meetings with target management teams, and participate in these meetings.
- Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Build strong internal relationships within Ernst & Young Advisory Services and with other services across the organization.
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining FSRM professionals.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong academic background preferred, including a Bachelor’s Honours degree in Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics.
- Must have completed an Honours degree and able to join the firm in 2020 if successful.
- No more than one year of related work experience.
- Approximately one year of experience working in a financial product engineering/research and development environment, designing and developing quantitative methods and services for capital market products.
- Familiarity with statistical and numerical techniques and the principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus.
- Ability to execute C++/Visual Basic/Excel routines and analytical programming requirements.
- A desire to develop and integrate quantitative skills within a required scope of designing and implementing business services.
- Knowledge of capital markets products, methodologies and financial analytics, including an understanding of the key concepts of derivative instrument pricing and risk measurement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:1st Apr 2020, 6:00 pm