EY offers an ideal environment for high achievers like you to reach your potential while helping our clients fulfil theirs. If you’re looking for a career that will take you far in your personal and professional life there are few better places. Businesses today are subject to ever-growing and increasingly complex tax and regulatory change. Helping businesses navigate these challenges requires advisors with a deep understanding of relevant legislation, outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage client relationships effectively.
As a tax professional at EY, you'll use your research and analytical skills, apply yourself to stay on top of the law and acquire an in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses. We provide a full suite of tax services to clients ranging from the very largest multinationals to fast-growth entrepreneurial businesses. You might choose to start your tax career with us by acquiring a broad experience across a range of different service offerings or by focusing on one particular area.
As a matter of course, your experiences will be wide and varied. You’ll quickly be given responsibility to deal with complex business problems – an excellent way to build the skills you’ll need for a long and fulfilling career.
What You Will Do
Our business tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning, and tax policy and controversy. Business Tax consists of different service offerings, including:
- Business Tax Advisory
- Business Tax Compliance
- Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory
- You’ll have the chance to gain experience across multiple service offerings, with long-term opportunities for focusing on one or more area.You’ll also work with clients ranging from entrepreneurs to long-established worldwide organizations, developing a breadth and depth of tax and business skills domestically and on a multinational basis to advance your career.
- Our indirect tax professionals work with clients that trade goods or services nationally and internationally. Work with them and you’ll advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) impact your clients’ supply chain and financial and accounting systems.
- You’ll identify and address areas of risk, advise clients on the taxation implications of international trade and assist them in complying with customs regulations. Working in Indirect Tax, you’ll gain wide-ranging experience across different industries and opportunities to work internationally, and receive the support you need to become an effective tax professional.
- Our international tax professionals help multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value. International tax teams support clients’ cross-border transactions, assess their international tax strategies and provide a range of services, including transfer pricing policies and tax-effective supply chain management.
- As a member of our international tax team, you’ll gain experience on engagements with some of the world’s largest international organizations and have opportunities to work with different tax regimes through international assignments.
- Our transaction tax professionals advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions. They assist clients with structuring transaction tax efficiently and undertake tax due-diligence reviews of potential targets. Together with Restructuring colleagues, they also help companies in financial difficulties. This includes helping those in formal insolvency proceedings to restore their balance sheets by advising on sales of non-core businesses.
- Transaction tax professionals look after clients of all sizes across all industries, working closely with colleagues in different service lines around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, you’ll work on a variety of transactions. These range from acquisitions of small family-owned businesses to significant, newsworthy deals, including acquisitions, disposals, mergers, de-mergers, joint ventures, refinancing or stock exchange transactions such as IPOs. Each will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to develop your career.
- Our human capital professionals help many of the world’s largest companies to mobilize their employees around the world. We have developed a unique model in integrating our core services and advisory offerings to assist our clients to manage their global workforce and to deliver operational improvements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- For the EY SAICA Trainee Programme in TAX we require a minimum of a - CTA level 02, or BSc/B-Com Honours degree in Accounting/ Accounting Science.
- For the EY SAIT Trainee Programme in TAX we require a minimum of a - B-Com Honours degree in Taxation.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm