Position of Candidate Attorney. This role is reserved for those university graduates who are to undertake their articles, after which they will be deemed fit and proper to practise as an attorney in South Africa.
To maintain the firm's high standards of excellence in service delivery to clients, and approach each task with enthusiasm and a desire to deliver work of a high standard, whilst seizing every opportunity to learn and grow in experience. To be involved in projects and work as part of a larger team - exposing you to a broad range of skills and providing you with hands on experience. To join and engage with voluntary committees and key elements in civil society.
What You Will Do
- Provide support to other lawyers within the firm in all aspects of legal practice.
- Assist in the preparation of matters for trials or hearings.
- Research and prepare legal opinions.
- Attend consultations with clients, witnesses and experts.
- Attend pre-trial conferences and trial proceedings.
- Liaise with counsel, experts, clients and opponents.
- Attend to the day-to-day management of files under the supervision of other lawyers.
- Draft agreements, letters and other legal documents.
- Conduct other daily legal practices.
Required Skills and Abilities
- LLB Degree with above average grades.
- The intellectual ability to analyse and solve problems.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to develop their own knowledge base and that of the firm.
- The ability to deliver excellent client service.
- Well developed personal and organisational skills.
- The ability to develop a client base within, and eventually outside of, the firm.
- The ability to gain the professional confidence of others.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Sandton (South Africa)
- Closing Date:6th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm