To maintain the firm's high standards of excellence in service delivery to clients, and approach each task with enthusiasm and a desire to deliver work of a high standard, whilst seizing every opportunity to learn and grow in experience.
To be involved in projects and work as part of a larger team - exposing you to a broad range of skills and providing you with hands on experience.
To join and engage with voluntary committees and key elements in civil society.
What you will Do
Reporting to a Director alongside a team of specialised professionals, you will be required to, amongst other things:
- Provide support to other lawyers within the firm in all aspects of legal practice
- Assist in the preparation of matters for trials or hearings
- Research and prepare legal opinions
- Attend consultations with clients, witnesses and experts
- Attend pre-trial conferences and trial proceedings
- Liaise with counsel, experts, clients and opponents
- Attend to the day-to-day management of files under the supervision of other lawyers
- Draft agreements, letters and other legal documents
- Conduct other daily legal practices
Required Skills and Abilities
- LLB Degree with above average grades
The ideal candidate has the potential to, with experience and development, display the following characteristics:
- The intellectual ability to analyse and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to develop their own knowledge base and that of the firm
- The ability to deliver excellent client service
- Well developed personal and organisational skills
- Ability to develop a client base within, and eventually outside of, the firm
- The ability to gain the professional confidence of others
- We look for a well rounded individual who has integrity and an excellent work ethic
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
- Position Type:Full time
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:28th February 2019, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.